Saturday 12 December 2015

AL TAIBA BUKHIRI, THE CURRY MILE : MANCHESTER HANGOUTS (UK)

Manchester is famous for a lot of things, football, obviously, the rain, lol. But I think the Curry Mile would be one of my favorite things here in Manchester. It's just a whole street full of delicious middle eastern and Asian cuisine as far as the eye can see. I guess it's cause lots of Malaysian food has Indian cuisine in them, and being in restaurants with that smell has brought me back home. Also, it educated me in the different Indian foods, and brought my knowledge of middle eastern cuisine to an all new high. As a foodie, I've always just enjoyed eating entirely new foods, happy about just having to taste something new and authentic.

So I've been going to Curry Mile a couple of times now with my friends, but this past few weeks, we've been going every few days which is awesome. It's not as expensive as other restaurants, and I rarely spend more than ten pounds for a huge portion of food and desserts. 

There's a place I think I've been more than four times this past month. It gives free drinks to Malaysians, which is what brought me in the first place, giggles. It was in malay, which obviously proves that I'm Malaysian if I could read it. So anyway, what I love about this sort of cafes, is that most of the time the people working in the shops are so friendly and lovely. It's very welcoming and they smile genuinely all the time. This shop is called Al Taiba Bukhari, quite at the very beginning of Curry Mile. This place is great cause they give huge portions for reasonably good prices. 

So I ordered chicken al faham with rice. Basically grilled chicken with lots of spices, like turmeric, red chilli, coriander, these are just a few examples of what they marinate their meats in. The chicken I and was slightly charred which is just nice, and the chicken is all tender and moist inside, like how I love it. The rice is fluffy and not undercooked like most of the places here in the UK, mixing it with turmeric and saffron, the rice would be a yellow colour. They always provide some salads and sauce, it's yogurt sauce and spicy chili sauce of sorts.





There was also some lamb chops, lamb kofta and kebabs. It's all deliciously served with naan, which is freshly made. It's like soft, and crunchy at the sides, the sad thing is that it gets cold so fast cause of the weather here. And with some grilled onions, tomatoes, and lots of lettuce. The meat is all seasoned the same way, with the same spices.




Kofta is minced meat mixed with herbs and spices and grilled to perfection. Naan is a type of flat bread that is mixed with spices and eastern with the meat, replacing rice. 

Since we were Malaysian, we got a pot of mint tea which I drink finished. Cause it's cold and the tea is great for battling against this weather. 

The pictures are courtesy of my friend Kimberley Wong, with my phone by the way. Hahaha. Just adding it out there.





They open from 12 in the afternoon to 2 at night. 

Address:
Al Taiba Bukhiri
21 Winslow Rd I Rusholme, 
Manchester, M14 5TB 


This is Sharon, signing off this week's episode from the UK. Stay tuned for more episodes coming your way. 




_



The Makan Post brings to you weekly food adventures, so be sure to catch us every week for new episodes and don't forget to subscribe to us. Just click on the follow button below. Also check out our Instagram page @themakanpost. Cheers.

themakanpost@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment