Sunday 6 November 2016

PEARL CITY (MANCHESTER CHINESE FOOD)

Manchester has it's very own Chinatown in which it's populated with an array of chinese cuisine. It's hard to pick between the thai food, Japanese, vietnamese, nepali and even Malaysian but the most of abundance available is chinese food.

I wonder there almost every week. I have tried most restaurants but not all of them. This week I am covering the chinese restaurant called Pearl City. It's most popular ideals I think is the fact that it opens till 3pm and also the mention of being a Malaysian helps in the discount area. Wink. Wink.

We ordered I think the same every time we go there. Crispy duck with pancakes and sauce.
It's a different thing from beijing duck which uses the skin, instead with almost dried up skin and meat which I believe is probably fried.

We also got ourselves some japanese tofu, which compromises of minced meat, egg, egg tofu and leeks, peppers and then gravy. It's the same thing we usually order back at home too but this one is without the veggies.

There's a beef stew we like, which is spicy but very delicious. The chilli oil covering the top, with the innards(which i avoided) and broiled to perfection was the beef, all soft and broken apart once in your mouth.

We also got fried aubergines. We do need vegetables in all this food. They were salted and peppered well. Crunchy and soft.

Custard Buns for desserts. Havent had them even when I was in Malaysia. I've been craving them for some time now. Glad to cure that craving. Delicious egg yolk goodness. 

The service I think in there is moderate. But I usually just lower my standards for services in chinese restaurants.

They opened till three in the morning from eleven in the morning. The opening days varies and they are located in Chinatown.

This is Sharon, signing off this week's post. Tune in every week for more.






No comments:

Post a Comment